Finding Solutions For Your Disability Issue

Answers To Your Supplemental Security Income Questions

Don’t have sufficient work credits to qualify for benefits under Social Security Disability Insurance program? Disabled and struggling to make ends meet? You are not out of options. The Supplemental Security Income program is designed to meet the needs of disabled adults as well as children who are both disabled and who have limited income and resources.

Do you believe that you qualify for SSI benefits? Whether you live in Indiana, Kentucky or Ohio, we can help you. Call our offices in New Albany and Madison at 812-748-8140.

Stephenson Disability Services is a full-service disability benefits firm. We can help you navigate the complex process and increase your chances for maximum benefits. We know the rules, and we know how to build your case. Our personal approach helps make the process easier, and once we take your case, we do not stop until we have exhausted your options.

What Is Supplemental Security Income?

The federal Supplemental Security Income program was established in 1974 as a way to standardize the administration of benefits under varying state assistance programs throughout the country. The amount of benefits that you may receive is determined based on several factors.

To qualify, you must establish:

  • Medical eligibility: You must show that you are blind or otherwise disabled. Children can qualify for benefits. The definition of a disability is the same under SSI and SSDI.
  • Financial eligibility: It is a needs-based program, which means that your income must be below a certain threshold to qualify. This is different from SSDI.

Have Questions? We’re Only A Phone Call Away.

The decision to go it alone or get help belongs to you. However, the chances of being awarded increase with representation by a lawyer or disability representative. We charge nothing unless you receive benefits. You have nothing to lose, but you have everything to gain.

What are you waiting for? Call our law offices at 812-748-8140. You can also complete a form online.